Forensic Services Unit (FSU)
Officers assigned to the Bureau's Forensic Services Unit (FSU) are responsible for, and have received specialized training in, the following areas:
- The technical investigation of crime scenes and the processing of evidence to assist other Bureau officers and agents in their efforts to solve crimes.
- Documenting and surveying crime scenes, including crime scene photography and videography.
- Reconstruction of crime scenes, including shooting incidents.
- Collection and analysis of latent fingerprint evidence, and the collection of tool, tire mark and shoe impression evidence for further laboratory analysis.
- Collection of blood and DNA evidence for further laboratory analysis.