Police Officer A (Cadet)
The Williamsport Bureau of Police invites you to join a highly respected police department and serve the citizens of Williamsport. As a Police Officer, you would perform a wide variety of duties to promote public safety and security, prevent crime and enforce the law. The department contributes to the safety and security of the community by apprehending those who commit criminal acts, developing partnerships to prevent, reduce, or eliminate neighborhood problems, and providing police services that are fair, unbiased, and respectful of the dignity of all individuals. A Police Officer works 40 hours per week on different shifts and overtime may be required. The City of Williamsport offers a competitive salary, an attractive benefit package with challenging promotional and assignment opportunities. This is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity to build a career of which you can be proud.
1. Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
2. Must possess at the minimum, a high school diploma or a G.E.D. certificate.
3. Must be 21 years of age, but not be older than 37 years of age, having not reached your 38th birthday, before the date of certification of the civil service list.
4. Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
An applicant may not apply and will be disqualified for the following behavior:
- Criminal conviction of Misdemeanor-2 or higher.
- Criminal conviction of any section listed in the Uniform Firearms Act, Brady Law, Megan's Law, or any other federal law or amendment prohibiting the possession of a firearm.
Any person convicted of any of the following in the last 36-month period will not be hired:
- Driving while license was suspended or revoked.
- Homicide or any assault with a vehicle.
- Failure to stop or report involvement in an accident.
- Driving Under the Influence
Any conflicts with the Municipal Police Officer's Education and Training Commission certification standards.
Interested candidates must complete an application packet which will be made available during our hiring process, which will begin in June 2021.
The City of Williamsport conducts civil service testing for the position of Police Officer every two years or when the current civil service list has become exhausted. Those interested in pursuing a career with the Williamsport Bureau of Police are encouraged to contact the City of Williamsport Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 327-7571. The City of Williamsport is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer.